Thank you from your winner – Laura!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Laura to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what she said…

Hi Everyone 😀 Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me! I am still shocked that I won, but also very happy of course! The zone was full of fantastic scientists who all contributed so much to the questions and so I feel very privileged to be voted the winner as the bar was set high.

The questions all the schools asked were incredible! There were so many that I was taken aback by as they were all so fantastic, everything from catalysis, chemistry, biology, physics and my views on various political and topical issues were asked; I think you all should be very proud.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the mods too (I think I spoke to them all at some point or other), they did a fantastic job running the event and it couldn’t be possible without them. They must be pretty tired as I know I am from the last two weeks, and I’m pretty sure they sat at their computer a little more than me 😛

The whole event was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone. I had a pretty busy two weeks as I was juggling lab work, looking after a student, an exam, a conference, getting a new kitten and learning to look after her and I’m a Scientist! It was crazy but a real opportunity to show myself just how organised I can be and put some good time management to the test. I was genuinely very nervous at each eviction as I got really into the chats and questions that I didn’t want it to end too early.

I am already thinking about the kind of stand I might take to Cheltenham science/the Green Man festival next year and also about a few school visits so watch this space 🙂

Thank you all once again and I hope to meet some of you in person in the future! 😀

Laura

Posted on June 27, 2016 modmichaela in News | Leave a comment